EXPERTS CORE TEAM
Yogacharya Dr A Subramanian
Director Adhyatma Yoga
Dr A Subramanian – Basically an Electronics & Communications Engineer, he shifted to the human engineering of Yoga – Spirituality inspired by the words and works of Masters like Swami Vivekananda. He has been a well acclaimed teacher of Yoga in classical form for more than 15 years. He has trained hundreds of Yoga Teachers who are successfully placed in various parts of the world.
He has developed and has been teaching unique Yoga Modules based on classical techniques of Yoga to benefit people of all walks of life like SMART Yoga (Stress MAnagement through Relaxation Techniques of Yoga), Energy Engineering and Krida Yoga (Yoga in a play way method for Kids).
He has been moderating a popular online interview series with well accomplished stalwarts in the field of Yoga called “KAAPI WITH YOGI”.
Learning and Training in Classical Yoga:
- An aspirant of Yoga since childhood, he is an initiated disciple of Swami Atmasthananda jiMaharaj, of Ramakrishna Mission and had his Yoga and Spiritual trainings at Ramakrishna Math at Madurai, Hubli and Kolkata.
- He has his learnings in Bhakti Yoga from Mahatma Krishna Premi Maharaj, a renowned master in south India.
- He has learnt Vedanta from Swami Dayananda Saraswati.
- Masters in Yogic Science from S-VYASA Yoga University, Bangalore
- Doctorate in Yoga-Spirituality at Hindu University of America, Florida.
- He has undergone Hatha Yoga Workshops at Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandira.
- Currently serving as Director at Adhyatma Yoga Academy at Bangalore since June2016
- Director, Indian Chapter of Yoga Bharati, USA (2014 – May 2016)
- Worked as a Yoga Trainer and Faculty at S-VYASA Yoga University from June 2005 to 2014
- Assistant Registrar (in charge), for Academic Programs at S-VYASA Yoga University from January 2008 to August 2011
- Coordinator for “Stop Diabetes Movement”,a nationwide health project to mitigate Diabetes through Yoga Therapy from January 2010 to December 2012
- Adjunct Faculty at Hindu University of America, Florida, USA ( 2013- 2015)
- Member, Board of Studies for Yoga at Atal Bihari Vajpai Hindi University at Bhopal, Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University at Chennai
- Life Member at Indian Yoga Association(IYA), New Delhi
- Part of Samvit Research Foundation for Project – Yoga at School – which is implemented at hundreds of schools in Karnataka
- Yoga Facilitator at DISHA BHARAT, an organization focused on inculcating ‘Human Values in Education’
- Delivered key-note address and presentations in various seminars, conferences and global yoga festivals
- Has served as the Convener of the Global Meet of all legendary Yoga Grand Masters in December 2013 at Bangalore where the declaration to opt 21st June as International Day of Yoga was collectively taken.
- Has been an organizer for international conferences, seminars and workshops organized by institutions like S-VYASA, Yoga Bharati and Indica Yoga.
- He is the founder of “Yoga Mitra” – a volunteering initiative in Yoga in association with the NGO – Youth for Seva.
- His initiative of “All the Best” program in association with Yuva Brigade has benefitted thousands of tenth standard students in the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu to get relieved of their exam stress.
- On invitation, he has conducted many Television programs on Yoga and participated in TV interviews and discussions
- Has been Chairman, International Tamil Vegetarian Union (ITVU), Karnataka Chapter, which is part of IVU- International Veg. Union
- Executive Member of Karnataka State Yoga Academy, Bangalore
- Had been a member of Inter religious Dialogues by META-CULTURE
- Has a passion toward social volunteering and had worked on various relief projects.
Awards & Titles:
- TV Kapali Shastry Memorial Award in the year 2018 by Sri Aurobindo Kapali Shastry Institute of Vedic Studies (SAKSHI)
- Bodhi Dharma Award by New Monks Kumfu Association, India, January 2017
- “Yoga Ratna” title by renowned educationalists Dr Gururaj Karajagi, International Day of Yoga, 2016
- “Viveka Ratna” Award by Vivekananda Yoga Education & Research Institute, Mysore, January 2015
- “Distinguished Alumni Award” from PSY Engineering College, Madurai in 2013
- Vivekananda Youth Leadership Award by Bharati Yuva Kendra, Madurai
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award by Rotary Club, Salem
- “Kavithamani” by HH Jagadguru Shankaracharya Swamiji in appreciation of his poems at the age of 13
Under his guidance, Adhyatma Yoga Academy has been serving as a Gurukulam nurturing young aspirants to take their travel ahead in the path of Yoga. The Academy is benefitting thousands of people from all ages and all walks of life through its various branches in Bangalore.
Comments are closed.